Friday, December 19, 2008

Slovenia software!

Since starting Oregon Literary Review, I've been looking for (preferably free) software to build and manage an art gallery for the Art section. I've downloaded demos, tried numerous Shareware programs, but everything I tried did too much and changed the look of the journal in ways I didn't like. But before loading art for each issue, I'd try again -- and finally, finally, I may have found what I've been looking for.

Mihov Gallery Creator from a programmer in Slovenia is freeware, a simple drag and drop program that creates thumbnails and links for an art gallery, without frills and "look good" arty backdrops, and which works when nested in my OLR templates. I think I've found it at last! This will reduce an hour's work to about ten minutes. Fantastic find. I need to go to their website and contribute money.

No comments: