Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The last office hour of 2008

Pick up finals in an hour, meanwhile killing time in the office. Signed my new contract -- adjuncts go term by term here (recently changed from yearly, so the admin must've had a problem).

Did a rough cut of the hardest editing job in the mocku, a meeting of six people, lots of movement, exchanges, lots of angles taken, lots to weave together. I'll see how it sits.

The more I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio the more I prefer it to Adobe Premiere Elements. I used to think the latter was more powerful but I'm not so sure. The Studio interface is more visual and intuitive, is what I like best. Also, sound -- the major problem using The Flip -- is edited more easily in Studio, and with better results to my ear. I'm really glad I discovered this program, which I'd never have done if PE3 had not crashed on my older computer, forcing me to search for a quick fix and alternative. I'm primarily using PE still for the journal. There are a few features on Elements that I prefer to Studio's equivalent but not many.

So tomorrow I'll read finals until I burn out. I have 3 continuing students to evaluate as well, longer script reads. I think I can get my grades in Thursday afternoon, at least for the main class, and everything by Friday. I wish I wasn't so busy during the break -- the journal is the killer. So much grunt work to do.

No comments: