Friday, December 26, 2008

Small world

Fascinating small world moment at dinner party last night, a fellow knew my ex and other common folks from 60s Salt Lake City folk music days, Bruce "Utah" Phillips and gang, and many interesting stories exchanged. I don't often talk much about ex, broken hearts being a dull melodramatic subject, but we knew so many in common, I said more than I usually do about the woman who has become "Sally" in my work (with a life quite her own by now, of course). Moreover, this fellow went to jr hi with the ex's sister, with whom I remain close, and had a huge crush on her and remembers her dearly as the first girl he ever danced with check-to-cheek, now there is a special memory! which, of course, I had to share, which I did a moment ago in an email. All this made the dinner party, otherwise a tad dull, interesting indeed. Another chap is starting the adventure of editing video, so I gave him my two bits of advice. It wasn't a bad night at all. A young man picked us up and delivered us, which is good since once out I saw we never would have navigated the side streets, no way. But I think I'm okay for Saturday, pretty much all expressway to and fro.

The dinner itself was ham, not my fav, but H made an incredibly fine pie that was pumpkin on the bottom half and pecan on the top half. She hardly ever bakes, alas. I guess she figures I'm big enough already ha ha.

No comments: