Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2 computers

My new computer arrived and I set everything up without a hitch, the KVM switch (if I have the name right) works like a charm, I have one monitor/keyboard/mouse and simply push a button to switch between computers. So the new computer is for video editing ONLY and will NEVER go on line (safety precautions), the other is all my usual stuff. Programs and hardware needed for video editing are installed and everything looks great so far. This is a terrific setup. And computers keep getting smaller. The new one, twice as powerful as the other, is half the size. So I actually lose no desk space -- in fact, I gained space because I had to clean my desk before setting up ha ha. All is well, knock on my wooden head. Now to put on my professor's cap and head to the university.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles,

I just bought a new computer as well, with the same idea, keep all the video editing on the older computer. I also have a KVM switch.

Bill Johnson