Monday, October 13, 2008

Wee hours

Crashed a few hours ago but can't get to sleep, the head buzzing with this and that, so back up to do computer grunt work. Managed to get some good work done late Sunday, which pleases me. While cleaning up directories on a hard drive, I found the beginning of a two-voice music drama I started summer before last and liked it, so I fiddled with it some, beginning to compose for the opening of the libretto. It's a simple, clear story. Only two voices. Something I might be able to handle already. I'll keep it on the back burner to turn to periodically.

I believe we're going to a film tomorrow afternoon, the documentary on religion I've been eager to see. H leaves Thursday to spend time with a new grandchild in D.C., so I'll be baching it for about 2 and a half weeks. I'm married to a traveling lady.

Sitting on ready for the new computer and switches I bought. I also bought some dirt cheap copies of editing software for backup. I still can't get my program running. A pain in the butt. Nobody (on the forums) can figure out what's wrong either. All because I tried to install a demo. Jesus. I can see why the old hands at editing have a dedicated computer which they guard with their lives. I'm going to start doing the same. Get it right and then add NOTHING to it and keep it OFFLINE. That seems to be the ticket if you don't want to flirt with crashes.

Heard a bit of Harold Bloom on the radio. Optimism for the future if we generate solar energy from panels put in space. I'd love to see us hit full speed on developing energy independence. It would change so much for the better. Get our infra-structures repaired, focus some energy at home for a change. Such projects would put lots of people to work.

Projects on the burners (too many, but that's par for the course):
  • screenplay
  • novel
  • 3 video projects
    • mockumentary
    • Donnelly project
    • tone poem
  • 2-voice music drama

Not to mention teaching, ear training ... and I still find excuses not to work ha ha.

No comments: