Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hope v. fraud

I see a lot of posts like this one recently:

A feeling I havn't felt in a generation
by bj57

Sun Oct 19, 2008 at 02:34:28 PM PDT

It's been a long time since I've felt the anticipation and hope building like this. This election is going to be as much generational as anything else. The young people want Obama, among others, and they are the future indeed.

I've voted already, I live where we can do mail in, and it felt good, it felt inclusive, it felt like I belonged to a movement that is the soul of my nation.

In talking to people, in reading and watching, in all my senses I feel a wave building, something right, and more than anything else, something that is needed desperately at this point in our history.

There is something coming indeed, you can feel it, like thunder in the air.

God bless America

Source

But then things like this are beginning to appear:

Action Alert: Votes for Obama not being counted in NC!
by urthwalker

Sun Oct 19, 2008 at 12:13:13 PM PDT

My mother has been working the polls in North Carolina for early voting and has alerted me to something that I think would be important for NC voters to know. If you circle in the choice for a straight Democratic ticket (or republican for that matter), you ARE NOT casting a vote for the presidential race - you MUST fill that in separately.

She says that in the last few days alone, she has personally seen at least 200 votes intended to go to Obama that were not being counted (in other words, people telling her how excited they are to see Obama elected, only to find out that by selecting the straight democratic line, they never even cast a vote for him). It's a damn shame the polls were designed this way, but the word needs to get out about this.

Source

Other early voters have reported a machine vote for O registering as McC right before their eyes! They report it, of course.

I'm resisting all the conspiracy theories and sticking to my belief that a landslide for O is in the making, so large that even scattered fraud can't derail it. And I surely do hope I'm right.

No comments: