Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sudden turnaround

On the Alphasmart at Starbucks, a change of scenery to get some work done on the novel, and by the gods, it worked! I started writing up a storm as soon as I got here. Not a bad little ritual for the day. Feels good to be "into" the story again.

Still "stuck" on the splay, however, and maybe I need the same sort of abandon to get back into it.

LATER

It's rather spectacular how much writing I'm getting done here. It's as if all the buzz around me requires increased concentration, which in turn gets the juices flowing. I'm writing practically non-stop on the novel, occasionally switch here, a typing machine!

LATER

4 pages on the Alphasmart, a good morning of prose work. Now to return home, imput it into the manuscript, polish and see what I have.


Back home. How invigorating to write over 1000 words on the novel this morning! Been a while. When the work is going well, my attitude improves exponentially. A good day, and I'm looking forward to class.

No comments: