Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bon voyage

Take my wife to the airport this morning, then rush to music class, then home for last minute prep before my screenwriting class. A busy class, discussing their first script pages, which have the usual assortment of format and rhetorical errors. Only one of the students so far seems to have an immediate grasp of the form.

This weekend I hope to get a lot done on the musical arrangement for the video tone poem. Going to edit it in Vegas Movie Studio. I'm liking this program more and more, the more I play with it. It definitely is not as powerful as Premiere Elements. However, my projects don't require a lot of bells and whistles, and the Studio interface is easier to work in. I think a lot of time could be saved working in it. But I need to give it a full test run first. One possibility is using Studio for a rough cut, then importing that into PE for more sophisticated final touches. Studio also uses less computer resources, which my taxed system appreciates, although this will no longer be an issue when my 2nd computer arrives. It should ship today or tomorrow.

No comments: