Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Breakfast in Memory Lane

It's been many months since I drove across town to have breakfast at Nobby's, one of my hangouts in the late 70s and 80s. Today was the day. It was great timing: the owner, Greg, was there with his wife, Barbara; and Mike, one of the regulars from the old days also was there. It was a great informal reunion.

I knew G and B before they started dating. Now they have a daughter at the Univ of Oregon and a son who just turned 21. We talked about old friends who have passed, including Jim Wylie, and G told me there was a 25th anniversary party on July 31. I'll be there. Larry, who used to be in a group with Wylie, will be there to perform.

Mike
Comparing notes, I learned M and I are the same age. He's a few months older. We both marveled that we're still alive. A shocking but wonderful gift.

No comments: