Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"An interesting day"

  • So I drive to the location of my morning shoot and as I'm parking, the van goes dead. I push it into the parking place and do my shoot. The car is still dead when I'm done.
  • Thank the gods for AAA! I call. They arrive, do tests, I need an alternator.
  • I get towed across town to our mechanic. Waiting for an estimate. If too high, we are letting the 85 van die a peaceful death.
  • I take the Chevy to my afternoon shoot, just making it.
  • Conclude shooting at a bar. The bartender asks me if I'm Charles Deemer. Yep. You used to hang out here 30 years ago, right? Yep. Drank Jamison's? Yep. I was your bartender. He has been working at the same bar for over 30 years!
  • After the shoot, while the actress is finishing her drink, I get started on war stories about hyperdrama, the Army, the drinking life ... ah, me. She laughs and assures me she had a good time.
  • I come home and try to figure out how to get to the rest of the week's locations. It all works out: when I can't use the Chevy, the location is near a bus stop. The week continues uninterrupted, and we wait for news of the van and our subsequence decision. If we retire the van, do we then get a 2nd car or become a one car family?
  • Today's clips look great. I do a rough cut of a cameo. I am exhausted.

No comments: