Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Mysteries

Up with a story outline in my head, now back to bed. Worked out the plot points for an improvised feature. Very doable. Want to find and meet with actors as next step. Improv exercise on tape, see if I actually can build a cast. Story requires at least 8 and up to a dozen would be good. Or even more if the talent is there. Hope to schedule this in the fall, shoot in a week after some prep work. October might be target date.

Story concerns an old guy who wants to attend his own wake so throws a "farewell wake" to say his goodbyes ... and ends up dead. Or does he?

Two people got me thinking in this direction: Mark, who got me thinking of the possibility; and Dan, who made one and showed me it can be done.

Though of course I have my very own take on how best to do this. We'll see if anything happens. I see possibilities. But it all depends on the actors, in my view. They are the clay from which to build.

No comments: