Sunday, August 01, 2010

What a great day

First, the usual invigorating conversation with MM at breakfast at Joe's. Then I met Dan Yost at the vacant lot where once Tom Shaw Productions had its small office studio, and I got quite a bit of footage of Dan remembering his experiences with Shaw. There will be a ton of negative commentary on Shaw, so it's good to get Dan, myself, and a few others who will have positive things to say as well. Tom was no director, which pretty much doomed all his projects, but he also had good qualities and talent as an inventor.

This project has a good start. Got an email from Penny Allen that she'll get back to me -- she's shooting a movie. I don't if this is in Paris, where she mainly lives, or in the States.

I feel like screwing off the rest of the day. Play with the dog.

H is busy with an international arts conference, this all week, and I'll shoot the opening Thurs night at the PSU gallery.

The summer has finally become what I had hoped, except for the weather.

No comments: