Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The ball is rolling

Just sent off story outlines to ten actors, the first to respond to a Craigs list posting. Also going onto an auditions board. And I've also contacted actors I've worked with before, three of whom seem ready to do something.

If I could cast this before the end of the month, then meet with actors through September and develop characters, then shoot in October ... that's the fuzzy plan at this stage.

First Wednesday tonight. Today, though, I am spending MUCH TIME in the basement, where all my neglected activity gets done, such as downsizing and composing.

I really like the rough cut of the first ten minutes of the Shaw piece. I am shooting Ron Hansen on Friday at his houseboat, so I can open part two with a nice river scene. I am shooting a sound man on Sunday and BJ on Tuesday, and I think that's all I'll need.

No comments: