Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First 20 mins.

I have a rough cut of the first 20 minutes of the movie, minus a kind of prelude I am using to open it. I am very pleased. I like the way I'm stirring the pot of the story thus far. Even more twists coming up, an IRS agent looking for my brother, the grand daughter helping with a mysterious project, and so on. I'm a good hub of everything and my video diary is a decent device to keep focus.

I'm looking for the journal I kept in 1959 when I hitched, as a teen, from Berkeley to Louisville, my first road adventure, and an adventure it was. I'm having the director with a similar experience, which he then retraces as an adult, just an the actor took a recent motorcycle trip over old Rt 66. I love finding out personal experiences of the actors and figuring out how to use them in the story. Rick, the actor, has great photos of this trip, so I can use some as cutaways.

The wake itself remains the challenge. I want to use 3 or 4 cameras and only have to go through most of it once. We'll see how that works out.

No comments: