Thursday, August 05, 2010

A day to catch up

On various chores, many happening in the basement. And I've started to schedule actor auditions, beginning next Friday. I may have struck gold. A retired college theater director with tons of experience, acting and directing, stage and film, including improv work, is available. If he works, he'll be the main guy (in terms of story center), and I see this central character now as an arrogant, brilliant, selfish avantgarde theater director who put hyperdrama on the map, among other things, and staged far out environmental pieces at the UN and other places, a national artist of controversy.

What I like about the structure, too, is there is room for cameo monologues, people who get the invitation to the wake but decline to attend ... hope to use my visiting actor friend this way, my wife, others. Lots of room for comic and eccentric moments at the edge of the story.

No comments: