Thursday, August 05, 2010

How I forget

Dan sent me this photo of Tom Shaw -- a magazine cover that I set up! I was, in fact, Managing Editor of this magazine and central to its transformation (along with Art Director Rob O'Lenic) to Oregon Business Magazine. This format was its second transformation, the first being from a newprint right wing Christian rag for salesmen. Yep. But the publishers wanted to turn it into a statewide business magazine because none existed at the time. We hated this title, which was the publisher's idea, and it took us over a year to convince him to change to something more professional, like Oregon Business Magazine. Duh. But it was exciting to be on the ground floor of all this. And this, believe it or not, was the last regular full-time job I had in my life! After that, I existed on grants, free lance work, royalties and part-time teaching. This is why my Social Security sucks today ha ha. But it was a great employment ride, to be honest. Never a dull moment.

No comments: