Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Stir crazy

I've spent so many of the last 60 hours editing video on the computer that early this morning I reached critical mass. I had to get out of the house -- immediately! My first inclination was to grab Sketch, our rat terrier, and head up the gorge to a park along the Columbia River and mellow out. But it was cold and drizzly outside and Sketch was hunkered down under his security blanket. No way was he going outside! Alternative plan. Breakfast at Nobby's, where maybe I'd run into someone I knew. Great idea! The owner himself was at the grill, and we caught up on news and rumors, including good news about a regular from the 80s who hasn't had good news in a long time. Before my breakfast was served, I called my former muse to catch up, and we made a lunch date for Monday. I then returned home with renewed energy.

No comments: