Friday, April 25, 2008

Piano II

When I started piano a year and a half ago, I was part of our teacher's first all male class, five of us. This by accident but kinda cool. We all lasted a year together. But then things started to change. Some women joined the class; a couple guys dropped out; a couple more couldn't keep up and moved back a class. Now there are only three of us, two women who have played piano all their lives but are brushing up -- and me. Consequently, I now am the slowest of the bunch and struggling to keep up myself. But I tell myself this is good for me. Makes me work harder than I would otherwise. Interestingly enough, this is my least favorite of my three music classes. I have no desire to "play piano" other than to play while I am composing. My goal is composition, period.

We may have a dry sunny weekend, if not a warm one, but maybe I can get out and do some yard work.

No comments: