Saturday, March 01, 2008

Wiped out

My prediction of afternoon exhaustion comes early. It's been a highly intense and productive few weeks, finishing and then cranking up the splay, writing and casting the hyperdrama, and all this during a busy part of the teaching cycle -- no wonder I am wiped out. Wednesday I pick up a huge stack of student scripts. I feel like resting until then ha ha.

But I can't help but brood about the new screenplay and how I can crank this sucker up from the get go. And, in a back corner of the mind, I'm already trying out ideas for the splay after the one now just beginning. I want to take full advantage of my agent while I have him. We have a two-year contract, only six months into it, and I want to be as prolific as possible with him. After two years, we'll see if the effort put anything in the bank and go from there.

I'm going to try and shoot the entire hyperdrama in March. Then edit it in April. The read through is a week from tomorrow -- I can't wait. It will be fun to get behind the camera again -- well, it's so small, getting "behind it" isn't quite right ha ha. Can't wait to put it in the palm of my hand again!

And in all this, I can't forget the review! I have some grunt work to do already and I'll regret it later if I let this build up. I should tackle some tomorrow.

No comments: