Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ear training

This is quite a challenge. I got through the early exercises pretty easily but around exercise 15, I hit a stone wall: recognizing minor and major 2nds or 3rds played all over the keyboard, ascending, descending, harmonic. I'm best at ascending. I'm worst at harmonic. It's a great program, EarMaster Pro, that doesn't let you progress until you sufficiently pass the exercises and you have to repeat an exercise, it throws an entire new batch of questions at you so you can't remember from the last time. At this point, I can't imagine ever getting through this stuff but I am determined to stick with it, and we'll see what happens. I love the program -- even failing is almost fun. I'm up to 17 now, having to repeat it after getting only 60% last try.

No comments: