Saturday, March 08, 2008

Pre-production

Mapped out a shooting schedule: looks like I need 3 Sunday afternoons to do the hyperdrama. According to my software, ALL the scenes play at about 24 minutes. There are 48 total scenes, so I'm looking at something like 144 clips to shoot. There is no single scene over a minute and a half. So it may go more quickly than I think. But I wanted time to run through a scene first, block it, then shoot it from 3 or more angles. Three 1-5 afternoons should be enough.

There's always something, ALWAYS, that throws a wrench into your careful plans, and you end up changing things around and winging it. I do want time to pick up shots and otherwise cover my ass at the end. I really think I've scheduled more time than I actually will need. We'll see.

Each Sunday, 2 or 3 of the actors aren't needed. There is no scene with all of them, only 1 scene with 5. So it's not a great time commitment for anyone.

I think this will work. (P.S. It's harder to write a shooting schedule than to write the script!)

No comments: