Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Big Dance

The tournament begins today! Playing today are Portland State, Stanford, Washington State, UCLA, teams to root for. Oregon plays tomorrow.

The video I'm making about the Portland State game is to enter in a two-minute contest, so it's a real editing challenge. Doing it for the experience, don't really expect to win anything. The contest is at a video forum where I hang out. I have a forty-second start that is pretty effective, I think, leaving me 80 seconds to cover the game. I'll be at the campus showing, where I expect to get lots of fan shots and noise; and I'm taping the game here, where I hope to get some game shots. I found a great sound track, the PSU fight song (which is to the same tune as an Ohio State one, which is far easier to find) performed by the Air Force band. Have good headlines and stills. Now to get good video.

After that, back home to watch afternoon games and finish grading finals. I'll wrap the latter up tomorrow and hopefully get my grades in then. Also tomorrow, Band In A Box is scheduled to arrive, giving me a great tool for my video hyperdrama. An opera on Saturday, a shoot on Sunday. How did I get so goddamn busy?

No comments: