Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stroke of the year

Here's the best stroke I've received in many months. I sent a copy of my posthumous play OREGON DREAM to a director/actor friend in California. He responded this morning:

Deemer !!!!! Holy Shit. I love this play. Incredible ! ... It is a remarkable plot; so timely and introduces, as I see it, the tip of the iceberg of gender identification. Wow !!! You have really nailed it on many levels not the least of which is it is so damn fun and funny. Congratulations !!!

Very gratifying to get a response like this. I told him to direct it after I pass.

P.S. LATER. He said he didn't know whether he wanted to direct it or play the male lead ("What a role!"). That's the secret: write roles that actors want to do. Playwriting is the art of writing for actors.

No comments: