Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First Wednesdays

One of our readers called in sick, so I have to cover for him. I was hoping I wouldn't have to read tonight. In fact, I'm feeling a little under the weather myself. And the sick one is not either of the two who warned me a few days ago they might be coming down with something. Might get interesting.

I hope there's a good turnout. Very short notice, we put this together so quickly.

I've been pampering myself all day -- I'm still in my bathrobe -- feeling the creeping virus waiting for an attack. We'll head out in a few hours and go from there.

I did manage to rewrite my syllabus this morning. An important chore done. I may go into the office tomorrow, do some uploading, check mail, and all that. I didn't get a fraction of the writing done over break I wanted to, for a variety of reasons, especially unanticipated ones (like B's health problems), but I'll be back in gear soon enough. Winter term is always the worst of the year, but maybe this year will be different.

No comments: