Saturday, January 26, 2008

Clawhammer fingernail

Every book on clawhammer banjo has a section on fingernail care -- and I can see why. I'm tearing the hell out of mine. Not sure what to do about it. I'm going to begin by trying a variety of picks and see if any work out. Once upon a time, long ago, I heard a banjo with nylon strings and it sounded really cool and old-timey. That's another possibility. I haven't tried frailing on the uke yet but that's something to do soon. See how different strings feel.


I had planned to catch up on scripts from a few advanced students today but I got sidetracked on my own work instead. I'll do it tomorrow for sure. Only an hour or two of time needed to catch up. Forecast says snow tomorrow and Monday but I'll believe it when I see it.

Very high creative energy these days. I like it.

No comments: