Thursday, January 03, 2008

Without Cinderella, this can do

WV really, really blew it, losing to a 28-pt underdog in a game that could have sent them to the national championship playoff. Last night they made up for it a tad. I taped the game and may watch it today since last night I was at First Wednesday.

Sports and art: many years ago, I was at Ashland watching plays for several days. The World Series also was going on, the year K.C. came from behind to beat the Cards. The 7th game was close, and I was watching it in the bar before King Lear started. The game was going to end after curtain, and I decided to watch the game and enter King Lear late, at intermission. How could I, a playwright, do this!? a colleague wanted to know. You answered it yourself, I replied. Because I am a playwright. I already know how King Lear ends.
clipped from news.yahoo.com



AP

West Virginia wins without Rodriguez

Since arriving in the desert last week, the Mountaineers (11-2) said they had bonded behind interim coach Bill Stewart, who took over when Rodriguez bolted for Michigan in mid-December. And they vowed to rebound from a 13-9 loss to Pitt that knocked them out of the Bowl Championship Series title game.
The Mountaineers were right on both counts, turning in an emotional effort and overcoming the loss of star tailback Steve Slaton to a first-quarter leg injury. Noel Devine replaced Slaton and ran for 108 yards and two touchdowns — a 17-yarder and a 65-yarder that clinched the game in the fourth quarter.


GLENDALE, Ariz. - Rich who? The West Virginia Mountaineers didn't need coach Rich Rodriguez. They had Pat White, and their elusive quarterback led them to a surprising 48-28 romp over No. 3 Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl on Wednesday night.

 blog it

No comments: