Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jazz improv

A few months back I asked my piano teacher, who is a jazz pianist, if he taught jazz improv for seniors. He said no, never tried it because he didn't think anyone would be interested. He needed four students to qualify for a class through the city's subsidized senior program. So I started a petition to see if there was interest ... and now, weeks later, we have FIVE signed up, so he's going to give it a shot in the spring. We need to find a time suitable to at least four to make the class (it was my idea: my luck the other four will choose a time I teach or something!) but it would be very cool if this goes, I'd have three music classes in spring, plus my banjo studies, which I'm doing from a DVD, I decided. Ken Perlman's DVD, quite excellent.

Good music theory class today. Onward.

No comments: