Monday, October 29, 2007

Our wealthy neighbors

Pulled into the post office to drop off a letter, taking my place behind a fancy Mercedes. Suddenly the passenger door opened and a middle-aged woman dressed for cocktails stepped onto the divider, which was lined with rose bushes. And she has a pair of scissors! Snip, snip, the dear lady began stealing herself a bouquet! I couldn't believe it. Should have made a citizen's arrest but by the time I recovered from the shock of it, they zoomed off. As luck would have it, I found myself right behind them as I continued on another chore. Along the way they pulled into one of those luxurious snotty condo developments with fancy entrance way and Arthurian name. Apparently well off but still needing to steal their flowers from the post office.

No comments: