Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bachelor

Take H to the airport this morning and begin a full month of bacheloring. Usually her trips east are for 2 or 3 weeks, so this will be a longer separation than usual. But with the new screenplay project, I've set myself a goal, to finish a good draft in the four weeks she's gone, a time when I can get up at 3 or 4 in the morning and make all the noise I want.

She'll be away for my birthday, and I still want to do the traditional "free" dinner at Todai, so I need to find a dinner partner. I don't think they give it to you solo, and I don't think they'd let the dog in the place, though I'm sure he'd love to be there.

A lively class yesterday, which is encouraging. It was our first brainstorming session and students got into the spirit of it without a problem. Might therefore be a delightful term. Now and again I get a class of zombies but not this one.

Lots of work today but I'll fit in some screenwriting just to make it official that I'm working on a new script. Finally.

2 comments:

Julie said...

alone for your bday?

Charles Deemer said...

Oh, I'll figure something out.