Thursday, December 07, 2006

Resolutions

I'm playing the New Year's Resolutions game this year. Yes, I should lose weight, but that has nothing to do with my resolutions. They are something I might be able to stick to:
  • Buy no books for six months. I've got stacks of book around here that I've purchased for one project or another -- alas, I do almost no "pleasure reading"! -- and I need to get to them. One way is to stop adding to their ranks.
  • Check no books out of the library for six months. To reinforce the above.

This done, I have three biographies, half-a-dozen histories, collections of stories and poems, collections of single authors, and a few scattered other books to bring out of the shadows and into the reading light. When it comes to books, my mind's eye gets bigger than my considerable stomach.

Bring no books into the house for six months! And take care of the dozens already here.

No comments: