Monday, December 25, 2006

Mellow Santa

I can't remember a more mellow Christmas. Rather nice! We beat the crowd for brunch, a quiet affair near the airport, Prime Rib and Salmon, salads and fruit, a variety of desserts. Then a long walk in a park with the dog, where H tried out her new video camera. A leisurely drive home. H and S are both snoozing, and I've been watching the Eagles-Cowboys football game, in empathy with all my New Jersey relatives rooting for Philadelphia to make the play-offs.

Tomorrow I start a regular work schedule. Will spend some time deciding which projects to prioritize, I have so much going on. Sally and the screenplay surely, but which after that? I feel impatient about getting started on Nails in My Coffin, which are stories, so I may begin. These three would suffice for writing, the rest would be reading/research for future writing. I'm always most productive when I have lots going on at once, as long as I have the projects in an order of importance. I don't work down the chain-of-command, so to speak, until I've met my goals at the top.

Piano time, too, is important, especially now when I feel some solid progress being made. Next year at this time, I may be far enough along to start some simple composing of my own for a music-drama.

Running at about 75%, which is fine as long as I don't have another relapse.

No comments: