Friday, May 25, 2007

In my copious free time

I decided what I'm going to do with this video camera. One of the things. I'm coming out of retirement as a playwright to write some short plays for seniors, which I'll direct, tape and edit and stick on YouTube -- and if any are worth a damn, maybe in the review. Only going to use actors over 65. I'm going to tape screen tests -- in fact, I want to do that in June. I want to write for particular faces and voices on screen. Little five and ten minute vignettes. I'm getting a good editing program so I can do it right.

So I posted a notice on craigslist to test the waters for senior actors. I also wrote the honchos at two local senior theater organizations.

Looks like a busy summer indeed! But I'm always best when very, very, very, very busy. I find it easier to live in my work than to live in my life, to paraphrase a line in My Dinner With Andre.

No comments: