Sunday, May 20, 2007

Corbett Fish House

Lunch at this new discovery for me, which I can't stay away from. Best fish & chips I've ever had, not even close. They use rice flour, part of the difference no doubt. Also, in their "variety pack," they have two new taste experiences for me: walleye and chile fried catfish. Their halibut and oysters, which complete the package, are absolutely first rate.

Walleye, which I've never had before but like a lot, is the most "fishy" tasting fish I've had. Tastes the way I image "fish" would taste or something. You don't find it in this part of the country, apparently. Or at least I've never seen a local place that has it.
clipped from en.wikipedia.org

Walleye

The Walleye (Sander vitreus vitreus, formerly Stizostedion vitreum vitreum) is a freshwater perciform fish native to most of Canada and to the northern United States. It is a North American close relative of the European pikeperch. The walleye is sometimes also called the yellow walleye to distinguish it from the extinct blue walleye.

In some parts of its range, the walleye is also known as the walleyed pike, yellow pike or pickerel (esp. in English-speaking Canada), although the fish is related neither to the pikes nor to the pickerels, both of which are members of the family Esocidae.

 blog it

1 comment:

JedediahCaulkins said...

Walleye is very fishy. Wisconsin Surf n' turf is walleye and black tailed deer backstrap, butterflied and broiled to just teh cooked side of rare, as it is very lean. A great meal. But I prefer Catfish adn perch to walleye - in the midwest anyway. Steelhead beats any midwestern fish hands down.