Saturday, May 26, 2007

Casting

I sent out an email to everyone on my list over 65, actor or not, and got a great reply from PP, a writer who was asst. editor of NW Review when I started publishing there and later became book editor of the paper. He got canned during the housecleaning by the new publisher, as did almost all of my favorite writers there. Which is why I stopped reading the paper. At any rate, physically he's perfect for the blue collar couch potato. I have no idea if he can act or not. For this, acting natural is the key.

So I have two interested in screen tests, both male. I thought I'd have a harder time finding men than women.

I fiddled more with the storyboard this morning, of course. These story tools are perpetually in flux. Not sure when I'll start writing the script. I want at least to write the audition pieces soon.

No comments: