Sunday, February 26, 2012

Not looking forward to Oscars

I'll watch the Oscars from morbid curiosity but am not looking forward to it. I fear a runaway by The Artist, an okay and charming film that is getting too much mileage for its gimmick. In fact, as stated here before, my main criticism of this "silent" movie was -- no silence! The sound track drove me bonkers.

So whenever The Artist does not win, I'll be cheering. I want Descendants and Midnight In Paris to get best screenplays, adapted and original, and Streep best actress, otherwise anything not The Artist. I don't expect to have a happy night.



Caught up on my student scripts. Need to type out comments. Then need to start reviewing portfolio of grad student defending her thesis Wed, I'm on the committee.

A mellow Sunday, all in all. Maybe an even more mellow Monday.

No comments: