Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Comfort food for breakfast

Sometimes you have a meal that is so good, so perfect for your mood, that you wonder if it's the best meal you ever had in your life. Such was my breakfast this morning. A spin off of the comfort food my mother used to give me when I was sick as a kid, which was a poached egg on milk and toast.

This morning I made two slices of toast. On a plate. Soaked with half and half. A slice of fried scrapple on each. A sunny-side up egg on each slice. Comfort food heaven.

Maybe the mood is defined by the snow-rain mix outside and the desire to stay out of it, though I have to go in this afternoon to sit in on a Masters degree exam. Maybe it's the end of the term relaxation before the tsunami of final projects comes in. Whatever the reason, a perfect breakfast at a perfect time. Now I wish I could go back to bed. But I can't.

No comments: