Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Order from chaos

Good afternoon writing session, complicated scene putting more balls in the air, just what I need, and it's clear the key to making this work is getting all the layers pulling in the same direction, and this is the task of rewriting mainly because I don't want to slow down to figure out the small stuff yet since everything is always in flux anyway and I won't really know where I am until the end, when I end up there. It's an adventure. It's a marathon. It's a leap of faith.

And I am very damn excited about the possibility that it will work! Maybe if it works well enough I won't have to write anything else and can enjoy my last years composing, or trying to, trying to get that libretto kick started toward a future composer. Vocal/piano score and/or Alice animation. Actually retire as a wordsmith. What a concept.

No comments: