Friday, August 19, 2011

Noise, noise, noise

I keep thinking of a moment in My Dinner With Andre when Andre says we are entering a new Dark Ages. All we can do is hide out and privately try to keep civilization alive until the new dark ages runs its course and passes. Often this feels pretty much what I'm trying to do these days. But it's not easy.

I don't look forward to 2012, an election year in which I can't imagine a candidate I'd actually get enthusiastic about, unless some kind of viable third party progressive candidate emerges. I don't trust Obama any more, alas alas alas. I'd like to see him challenged in the primary but doubt if it will happen.

Media noise is everywhere and it's not easy to dodge it. Increasingly I make the effort. Hide out and do my work, waiting for the dark ages to pass. I'll likely pass first.

No comments: