Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Football fever

It's catching. TS's blog about college football got me thinking about it, too, and the first thing I did, over the last half hour or so, is update My Yahoo! page to include 3 football blogs, a UCLA blog, an Oregon blog, and a general NCAA blog. I'll get daily updates automatically. Ah, me, as corrupt as it's become, football is still football. As a poem of mine ends, Hell, as long as people can shop, they'll put up with anything.

OK, you may be thinking, what am I doing in Oregon these past 30+ years, rooting for UCLA? Well, I have 2 Pac-12 alma matera, UCLA and Oregon, undergrad and grad school. And UCLA was the team I rooted for as a kid, from about 1950 onward, so I just keep rooting for them. But it's tough when UCLA and Oregon play one another, I admit.

No comments: