Saturday, August 27, 2011

Home owner Saturday

I was painting the deck at 630 a.m. and will be doing the same tomorrow with a 2nd coat, our periodic maintenance. A big chore that my back appreciates less each time. We are hoping this is the last time we have to do it.

Otherwise a day of watching Little League World Series, though both my teams, Mexico and Montana, lost. But this is the best sporting event I've seen all year. Next weekend college football starts, which isn't as exciting to me as it used to be, though I'll still watch my share of games I'm sure. I am hoping for UCLA to turn around and for Boise State to play in the championship. Alas, I have lost nearly all enthusiasm for my graduate alma mater, Nike U. Very sad. Unless Oregon gets a college president (or even a football coach) with balls, the corrupt marriage will continue indefinitely.

No comments: