Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Banjo

Eager to start my banjo lessons tonight, 8 weeks. Presumably I'll make more progress than when I tried to learn clawhammer on my own some time back and abandoned it for the
Seeger strum in the end. Really want that old-timey clawhammer sound. Still have other materials, books, a DVD, but it's always about practice, it is always about putting in the time. And this time around, music is front burner all the way around, what with my "formal retirement" as a writer. In fact, I just ordered a new proof embedding a few changes I made in the copy received. It should be ready to order after this one. The last page was blank, so I put FADE OUT on it, just on principle.

One decision to make is timing, getting to my lesson. It's across the river at 6, meaning I'd have to take one of the bridges during rush hour, or leave early, before rush hour, and pass some time at a coffee shop or somewhere. I think I'll leave here at 5 today and see how it goes.

Did a bit of work on student things. Looks like I do most of it in the morning.

No comments: