Saturday, January 16, 2010

Music drama projects

So far, I have two more in mind after the one I'm working on, which is the story of the last day in the life of an old man. I also want to do something with McKinley's dream. And I want to explore the possibilities of doing a "country" chamber opera, orchestrated with a string band.

If I have enough years left to do these three, it will be even more of a miracle than I've already experienced by lasting this long. One step at a time. If the gods grant me time to finish the current one, I will be grateful. Again. As always.

It's in this sense that the reader is something of a relief. I am reminded of a phrase at the end of a Lew Welch poem: what an extravagance! What a relief!

This is a good time of life for me, though I may have been late to realize this.

No comments: