Monday, January 25, 2010

Luxuries of the retired class


Nothing like a noon movie on a weekday! Saw CRAZY HEART, absolutely loved it, top to bottom (well, maybe the ending a tad less), my kind of story, my kind of people, my kind of landscape. The wide open spaces in the west! What my buddy Dick used to call "the high lonesome." Country music, the old true kind before, like so much else, it became less interested in truth and more interested in sales and packaging and hype.

This is one fine movie and I hope Jeff Bridges, who already won a Golden Globe and SAG award, walks off with an Oscar. He well deserves it.

My version of this story is my early play COUNTRY NORTHWESTERN, my singer Buck Timber. A story with many variations, as long as there are crazy hearts, which must be forever.

Love this movie. Did I say that? Haven't raved about a film this much since, well, LIVES OF OTHERS. Love it.

No comments: