Thursday, January 14, 2010

Office hours

Brief chat with a grad student shooting a video for her project, a story with a dragon and as a costume designer she can make the dragon. Potential of a good project here, and I look forward to seeing it develop.

A day of discussion and in class exercises about "basic skills" things. The two hours will go swiftly.


Then home to watch some clawhammer videos I found on YouTube. Already I am understanding a basic error I was making when I tried this on my own, and already getting closer to the authentic clawhammer sound, which is very different indeed from the Seeger strum sound, all the more reason to learn it. I have moments when the sound is just right, so it's just a matter of practicing enough that these moments become consistent and repetitive. I am going to have a ton of fun with this.

No comments: