Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mellow brooding

Made some notes on the new video, while watching a bowl game half-heartedly. Next week I have to get serious about revising my syllabus and incorporating David Hare's screenplay THE HOURS, which I'm using for the first time even though it's a terrible model for a spec script. But it IS literature! as screenplays usually are not, and I want to use it at the end of the course to show the unrealized possibilities of the form as a potential LITERARY document. A bit radical in the real world but something I believe in.

Sketch having eye/ear trouble again, damn. H took him to the vet this morning.

I have this inkling to write a short labor novel, or politically radical novel, utilizing folk protest music ... fuzzy concept still but something I want to explore. It's very back burner. I have 3 things to finish first, though none is a prose project. I always multitask, as it were, working on several things at once, but usually all in different forms.

No comments: