Thursday, December 10, 2009

Damn, Nobby's serves a fine breakfast!


Returned the DVD projector bright and early, then drove across town for breakfast at Nobby's, where I haven't been for a few months. Wanted to wish the owners, who have been running the place in the bad economy, Merry Christmas. So Greg and I talked football and "I wonder what happened to ..." and Barbara recommended a book, which I just reserved at the library, and I had the best traditional breakfast in town, where I've been having same for thirty years.


Last night was small and sweet. About 20 gathered to watch the anniversary showing, and we all had a great time. Ron, who played Frank in a revival production, was there; and Dennis from Small Screen Video was there; and most surprisingly, Lianna and her husband were there, whom I haven't seen for years (Lianna and I, never romantically involved, used to dance a lot to Paul deLay 30 years ago). The play was much appreciated. It doesn't "still" work, it works better today than 25 years ago, as suggested by Hicks' wonderful tribute to the play. Alas, no one from the original production was there but now that I think about it, given the neglect by mainstream media to give us a plug or even an accurate listing, how would they ever know about it? Whatever. It was small and sweet, a great time had by all.


Need to read a lot of projects today. Won't finish but should get most of them done.

No comments: