Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One-stop shopping

A glorious morning! Much more energy than yesterday so I decided to take advantage of it and get some holiday chores done. I usually don't do "one-stop shopping," preferring to wander hither and yon, but under the circumstances I decided to go to "Uncle Freddy's", our local superstore, and I manged to finish up my stocking stuffer shopping, get the makings for scrabble, get office supplies, even breakfast, all in one store. And home, where of course Sketch makes me think I was missed.

I rec'd a "good luck on Thursday" email from a former student. Most thoughtful.

Not sure if I'll get any work done today or not. Play the day as it goes. I still have energy, which is good.



Want to shake your head in total disbelief? Take the point of view of an alien being, a Martian, an ET, whatever, and look at current affairs. Who are these creatures? That's what I'd think. Who the hell are these creatures so determined to be their own worst enemy, forever working against their own best interests, forever shooting themselves in the foot? Don't they know anything?

Thornton Wilder observed that we somehow got through the constant self-made muck "by the skin of our teeth," but I suspect that this kind of luck doesn't last forever.

The only thing I've learned in my seven decades is that Nature Wins.

No comments: