Friday, December 11, 2009

Bionic Man

I'm always early everywhere I go (if I'm alone), so I got to the hospital 40 mins. before my appointment -- and was able to go right in for the CT scan. By the time of my appointment, I was halfway home.

An interesting thing happened. At the end, when the scanner guy went to remove this marker from my neck, there was a blue flash of electricity and he got a hell of a shock! I had become a bionic man!

Afterwards I treated myself to lunch at O'Connors, my usual cajun burger and hush puppies.


I'm not a Christian but I'm in a Chirstmasy mood. The main thing wrong with Christianity is -- Christians! So damn few of them act as if Jesus were a mentor. As Guthrie put it, "He said to the rich, give your goods to the poor, and they laid Jesus Christ in his grave." Only genuine Christians I've ever seen are certain sects of priests. Otherwise, for the most part, same old greed, selfishness, mindlessness.

Once my grades are in, I'll take a morning to go shopping for stocking stuffers.

As a non-Christian, I am never bothered by Christmas trees, carols, nativity scenes, and the other "religious symbols" that some get upset about. They need to lighten up. They act like intellectual Scrooges.

No comments: