Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Supporting Leach

Not that it matters, but coach Leach has much support on his staff and among former and current players. Telling to me was this from the receivers coach, who coached the player in question.

To Who it May Concern:

During the last two years of being the inside receivers coach, I have
had the chance to learn alot about Adam James. He came to Tech
because of one person: Coach Leach. Although we adamently doubted
his talent, we as coaches came to see that Adam actually had enough
talent to help us out. The problem, though, is that Adam is
unusually lazy and entitled. Many other players on this team,
specifically receivers, have a much larger role on this team with less
talent. I have always been worried about Adam's effect on my other
players because of his weak and conceited attitude. I recently found
out that Adam deliberately undermined my authority on many occasions.
This is particularly disturbing because Coach Leach hired me to make
our receivers the best group in the country, and Adam has damaged this
group far more than I even realized. He should be grateful forthe
opportunity that was given to him here that was not offered at any
other Division 1 football program. He has an unvelievable sense of
entitlement because of who his father is; one that hurts himself and
people around him. Adam is the kind of person thatakes excuses or
blames people for things that go wrong in his life.
Furthermore, I don't have children yet, but when I do I hope they are
coached by someone like Coach Leach. I have learned so many great
things from him and am incredibly lucky to have him in my life.

Lincoln Riley

Source, more letters

This is what made the most sense to me from the beginning, just in terms of human nature, the most common scenario I've seen in such cases.

But so what? He's fired, it's done, a likely spoiled brat gets his way, people who hate the inevitable violence in football are happy, fans of the team are hugely angry but who cares? and it's done. Political correctness wins again.

In the court fight for money, which is what is left here, an issue will be the injury, or not, of the kid. Clearly Leach thought he was faking. It's the only way his action makes sense. Also, it's hard yet to get a handle on where the team stands. Two outspoken critics of Leach, players, have gotten all the focus but that's two of a hundred players. Ex players so far have lined up behind the coach. Whatever it is, it's a big sad mess.

No comments: