Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sunny on the deck



On the deck with the AlphaSmart, clear, warm, love this weather! The last day of it, alas, the usual wet gray coolness returning tomorrow, say the forecasters.

The eec pc should arrive in a couple weeks. Curious what its battery length will be. I'll plug it in as often as possible, of course, and I always can write here as long as I like, then transfer to the other if I have to upload to my blog or something ... so in practical terms, I probably don't need more battery life than the 3 or so it likely gets. But it's always nice to have as much as possible. I was looking around for more powerful batteries and they would cost almost as much as I got the whole computer for! So I'll live with whatever I have. I write here, still. So all I need is online time, email, uploading to blog, that sort of thing. I think it will work out fine. I'm wondering if the eee pc will even fit in the AS bag. Man, that would be very convenient!

Meanwhile, my old body is really falling apart. Knee, now an elbow, it's as if the warranty has expired and now all the parts are crashing at once. The worst thing about old age clearly is the body. At least so far.

No writing progress but I don't seem to be worried about it. Maybe my writing days are finally nearing an end. The process surely has changed. At the same time, the interior work hasn't changed much at all -- it just seems to stop and linger there, rather than exploding onto the page. Maybe this is what Brown meant when he wrote, "Doing nothing, if properly understood, is the supreme action."

This summer we need to reach a decision, sell and move or refinance and stay. I go both ways, depending on my mood. I love the deck on a day like that -- but there are precious few of them in the context of an entire year. I wouldn't mind living in an RV, despite gas prices, but H would never agree to this. Seems I have two choices: stay in Pdx or get divorced.

I'm not feeling as well now as I did when I woke up.

Well, time to go inside and do some chores before leaving for class.

No comments: